- Some Definitions
- Categories of Information We Collect
- Other Information We Receive and Store: When you register to use Hello Bar, we store “cookies,” which are strings of code, on your computer. We also use electronic images known as Web beacons. With those cookies, we are aware of and collect information concerning when you visit our Website, when you use Hello Bar, your browser type and version, your operating system and platform and other similar information. With Web beacons, we can determine when you view a Hello Bar or click on a link in a Hello Bar, and collect other data. You may turn off all cookies that have been placed on your computer by following the instructions on your browser on how to block cookies that have been placed on your computer. However, if you block our cookies it will be more difficult, and maybe impossible, to use the Services.
- Tracking Our Emails to Our Customers: When we send emails to our own registered Hello Bar customers, we’ll sometimes track who opened the emails and who went so far as to click on any of the hyperlinks. We do this to measure the performance of our Email Campaigns, and to improve our offerings to specific customer segments.
- Information From Other Sources: We may obtain additional information about you by using your email address, or other information, to directly, or through one or more services, search over the internet, or elsewhere. We thereby obtain information that appears to be related to such email address or other information, such as a name, age and participation in social media websites, (such information being referred to herein as “Supplemental Member Information”).
- Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We will use and disclose your Personal Information only as follows:
- To promote use, including continued use, of our Services. For example, if you leave your personal information when you visit our Website and do not sign up for any of the Services, we may send you one or more emails asking whether you wish to sign up. If you use any of our Services, and may benefit from using one or more other Services we offer, we may send you an email telling you about the other Service or Services.
- To bill and collect sums owed to us. Uses for this purpose include sending you emails, invoices, receipts and notices of delinquency, to alert you if we need a different credit card number, and to otherwise try to collect money owed. We use third parties to handle secure credit card transaction processing and send billing information to such third parties, who maintain all information in confidence, to process your orders and credit card payments. To learn more about what steps we take to safeguard such data, see “IV” below.
- To provide customer support and obtain feedback.
- To protect the rights and safety of us and our employees, Members, owners, officers and others
- To meet legal requirements such as complying with court orders and valid subpoenas.
- To provide information received hereunder to representatives and advisors such as attorneys and accountants to help us comply with legal and other requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration or similar proceeding.
- To support and improve the Services we offer including adding features and providing benchmarking and other comparison information regarding, for example, the relative success of a Members’ Hello Bars compared to other Hello Bars by companies in the same or different industries. Benchmarking and similar information is derived from aggregating and analyzing data.
- To communicate with you concerning your account for an informational, as opposed to promotional, purpose.
- To send you informational and promotional materials that you elect (“opt-in”) to receive.
- Safeguarding Your Information
To protect your information, our credit card processing vendor uses the latest 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology for secure transactions. In addition, our vendor is certified as compliant with card association security initiatives, such as the Visa Cardholder Information Security and Compliance (CISP), MasterCard® (SDP), and Discovery Information Security and Compliance (DISC).Hello Bar accounts require a username and password to log in. When you’re finished using Hello Bar, please click the “log out” link in the top right corner of your screen, to prevent someone from using your computer to access your account. You must keep your username and password secure and not disclose it to a third party.Due to the sensitive nature of your account information, we do not re-send forgotten passwords. Users must follow online instructions to reset their passwords if they forget them.Account passwords are encrypted. We cannot see your passwords. We can only reset them.
- Notice of Breach of Security
Nobody is safe from hackers these days. Hello Bar will notify you, as soon as possible, if a breach in security results in an unauthorized intrusion into our system which materially affects you and will subsequently report the corrective action taken in response to the intrusion.
- Notification of Changes
- Accuracy of Data and Rights
We do our best to keep your data accurate and up-to-date to the extent that you provide us with the information we require to do that. If your data changes (including, but not limited to, a change in your email address) then you are responsible for notifying us of those changes so that we can keep your records up-to-date.We retain the data about you only so long as reasonably required to meet the purposes for which we have the right to use the information. In this regard, we keep some data, relating to when and where Hello Bars were deployed, how many times a Hello Bar was viewed and clicked.We will give you access to any of your Personal Information that we hold about you within 30 days of any request you make for such information. We may charge for providing this information to you, as permitted by applicable law.
- Effective Date
2970 5th Avenue, Suite 340
San Diego, California 92103
Have any questions?