Are your traffic figures sky-high?
Do your landing pages attract visitors like moths to a flame?
If so, you may be tempted to sit back and wait for the sales to roll in.
We’re sorry to break it to you, but your work isn’t over.
While generating website traffic is undoubtedly a vital part of any digital marketing strategy, it’s pointless if you’re attracting the wrong audiences or failing to nurture leads.
If you’re unable to attract key demographics with an interest in your goods and services, your conversion rate (the percentage of leads that turn into paying customers or subscribers) will suffer.
Failure to garner high rates of conversion traffic could dent your profit-making potential and hamper your brand’s ability to grow.
Don’t despair just yet, though!
If your conversion rate is dragging its heels, you can start attracting targeted traffic through simple conversion rate optimization techniques.
We’ve collated a guide below to help you get started.
First Things First: Analytics
Before you start adapting your marketing strategies, you must do some preliminary research.
Google Analytics is great for generating custom reports that offer insights into what you’re doing right and potential areas for improvement.
Here are a few useful metrics to look out for:
- Best converting landing pages: Which landing pages attract the highest number of conversions? How do they differ from pages which don’t do so well? This information will help you enhance your website and attract the right kind of customers.
- Best converting traffic sources: Where is your best conversion traffic coming from? Are you attracting customers from search engines, social media, paid ads, or elsewhere? Knowing this information will help you to identify areas for improvement.
- Best converting content: What kind of content converts the highest ratio of visitors? What does it get right?
- Best converting keywords: Which keywords attract paying customers?
Tips for Boosting Poor Conversion Rates
Once you have collected this information, you can start generating strategies to remedy any weak points in your marketing plan.
Here are a few of our favorites:
#1. Improve Your Sales Funnel
A sales funnel represents the journey that potential customers experience on their way to buying some of your goods or services.
If your sales funnel isn’t clear or easy to navigate, your bottom line is likely to suffer.
To help turn page visitors into conversions, you first need to establish the purpose of every landing page on your site.
Say, for example, you’ve uploaded a blog post about a recent product launch.
You probably want the customer to head to the relevant product page and make a purchase, meaning you’ll need to include a clear call to action (CTA) and a working link.
According to a recent study, CTAs containing ten words or fewer produce better conversion rates, so try to keep your message short and sweet.
Other tips for improving your sales funnel include:
- Remember to ensure links and instructions are bold and easy to find.
- Try to minimize the number of steps a potential customer needs to take to perform the desired action.
- Add enticing pieces of content throughout the customer journey to keep them interested. This could include links to stellar reviews, promotional videos, or discount codes for first-time customers.
- Improve the visibility of special offers with web push notifications and custom action buttons. To find out more about how to achieve this, check out our Subscribers app.
#2. Attract Relevant Audiences With Targeted Content
Creating shareable content is one of the best ways to generate a core base of loyal customers.
From captivating blog posts to bitesize instructional videos, there are plenty of available options for connecting with your audiences.
Here are a few tips for creating conversion-worthy content:
- Start by creating one or more customer personas: A customer persona is an outline of the kind of person you’re hoping to attract. It may include details such as their motivations, age range, occupation, location, pain points, income, and more. Drawing up a few audience personas will help you craft content that resonates with your target customers’ everyday experiences and encourages them to invest in your brand.
- Conduct a survey: Surveys represent a quick and easy way to gather detailed information about your audience, which you can use to create tailored content that packs a punch.
- Make the most of keyword tools: Incorporating popular keywords in your content is a quick and easy way to drive conversion traffic. If you’re unsure where to start, use a tool such as Ubersuggest to discover the highest-performing words.
#3. Personalize the Visitor Experience
Once visitors are browsing your site, keep them engaged with targeted messages that make them feel seen and valued.
Personalized CTAs outperform generic CTAs by an impressive 42%, so why not produce targeted popups and or alerts using a service such as Hello Bar?
Our advanced targeted technology targets users according to factors such as their location and the type of device they’re using–great news if you’re hoping to keep audiences engaged and boost conversions.
#4. Diversify Your Landing Pages
Recent figures show that sites with 10-15 landing pages have conversion rates 55% higher than those with fewer than ten landing pages.
What’s more, sites with over 40 landing pages enhanced their conversions by over 500%!
So, if you’re relying on a couple of landing pages to drive organic traffic or directing all of your paid ads to a single core landing page, it’s time to reconsider your strategy.
Creating a diverse collection of landing pages with different goals and conversion opportunities will help to boost customer engagement and drive sales.
As well as landing pages offering direct purchase opportunities, you may wish to consider the following:
- Free appraisals
- Newsletter sign-ups
- Industry-specific eBooks
- Free trials
- How-to guides
These types of pages are great for collecting customer details than you can nurture further down the line.
Get creative, and don’t forget to track the success of your efforts!
Supercharge Conversions Today With Hello Bar
If you’re hoping to improve your sales funnel and deliver the personalized experiences customers crave, Hello Bar is here to help.
Our advanced targeting tools and site pop-ups are perfect for companies hoping to beautify their sites and optimize their conversion rates.